Industrial Equipment and Rotating Machinery FEA and CFD based Design and Optimization
Esimlab’s FEA and CFD based Simulation Design for manufacturing solution helps our customers unify global design, engineering and manufacturing aspects. We are able to work on the same requirements, models and manufacturing process plans, while having the flexibility to meet local requirements. You benefit from better simulation and optimization of manufacturing planning – Forming & Casting – , optimized design and manufacturing processes, and manufacturing intelligence connected with product development. ESimLab proposed FEA and CFD based solutions and skills, span the major design space of Industrial Equipment and Rotating Machinery including structure, engine and powertrain, Pumps, Drilling and mining Machine to cabin and interior and offers proven methodologies and solutions to enabling innovation while reducing cost, risk and time to market.
ESimLab engineering team use advanced CAE software with special features for mixing the best of both FEA tools and CFD solvers: CFD codes such as Ansys Fluent, StarCCM+ and FEA Codes such as ABAQUS, Nastran, LS-Dyna and the industry-leading fatigue Simulation technology such as Simulia FE-SAFE, Ansys Ncode Design Life to calculate fatigue life and MSC Actran and ESI VA One for Acoustics and VibroAcoustics simulations. With combination of deep knowledge and experience in sophisticated FEA and CFD based design tools and coupling with 1D System modeling Software such as Matlab Simulink, Esimlab engineers can solve any problem with any level of complexity in Industrial Equipment and Rotating Machinery Design and Optimization.
FEA and CFD Based Simulation
We use FEA and CFD Software for this equipment:
CFD and FEA enable us to simulate any analysis parameters with detail and interaction with other parts include:
The design and manufacturing of the industrial equipment represents numerous design challenges including:
- Improving machine durability & strength while optimize weight
- Simplify and reduce time & cost of machine assembly & serviceability
- Reducing manufacturing cost – Forming & Casting – and improving factory ergonomics
- Reducing manufacturing waste & improving structure recyclability
- Optimizing amount & cost of the metal used in the equipment structure
ESimLab services solution enables you to:
- Virtually test NVH behavior of machine components through validated models
- Virtually design and test the structure components manufacturing including casting, forming, welding and assembly
- Chain between different simulations to optimize structure component/system design & manufacturability for durability and cost
- Interact and visualize the structure and factory design & layout thanks to our immersive Virtual Reality solution
- Virtually design and test the power train components casting, welding and assembly
- Model diesel engine combustion and exhaust optimization
- Model the under hood thermal management of components and system
- Finite Element design and test the cabin seat design
- Finite Element test cabin/cage durability and crashworthiness through validated models
- Finite Element model cabin for reduced vibro-acoustics
We can develop and customize new software based on your needs
Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) CAE system simulation
ESimLab use a comprehensive set of software with 0D/1D/3D multi-physics component libraries, which simulate the physics of fluid flow, thermal, mechanical, multi-body, structural, electrical, magnetic, chemistry, and controls. Utilizing combinations of these libraries, accurate models can be built of practically any stationary machinery such as pumps, compressors, oil and gas piping systems, chemical processing plants and many more.
- Integrated multi-physics for fluid flow, mechanics, thermal, heat transfer, chemistry, electrical, magnetic and controls modeling of components and systems
- A system simulation tool that use 0D/1D models for component and strengthened by capability to perform full 3D analysis (CAD, FEA, CFD) for needed components
- DOE and optimization to obtain best design Pareto.
Failure and Fracture analysis requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the many different failure modes that exist for any given system. ESimLab has extensive experience in failure analysis for industrial and commercial equipment, turbomachinery and structural components for a wide range of applications like:
- Steam Turbines
- Gas Turbines
- Plastic Structures
- Machine Tools and Fixtures
- Office Equipment
- Turbine Blades
- Mixing Blades
- Rotating Shafts
- Heating Fans
- Exhaust Hoods
Safety & Stability Analysis
As a result of carrying various loads at varying speed and in different types of terrains, lifting and handling equipment is susceptible to tipping over.
- Conduct Tip-Over Stability Analysis
- Bring more insight into the stability of the equipment to improve future design
- Perform Stability Evaluation and Accident Reconstruction in the virtual test machine to save cost and reduce development cycle
- Study the effects of loading, wheelbase size, vehicle speed, top-heaviness and inclination on the stability of equipment
Engineering Consultant for Structural & Thermal (FEA)
- Stress Analysis (stresses, strains, displacements) of Parts and Assemblies
- Product and Design Iteration Validation
- Fatigue and Durability
- Failure Analysis
- Expert Witness and Forensic Analysis
- Dynamics Analysis – Shock, Seismic, Random Vibration
- Drop & Impact Tests
- Kinematics (Motion)
- Thermal Analysis
Engineering Consultant for Fluid Flow & Thermal (CFD)
- Drag Reduction
- HVAC, Data Rooms, Pressure Drop Calculations
- Fan, Turbo, and Pump Performance
- Chemical Reaction with Pollutant Prediction
- Process Equipment
- Reacting Vessels
- Fluidized Beds
- Bio Reactor
- Mixing Tanks
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Multiphase Erosion, Corrosion Performance
- Heat Exchangers
- Electronics Cooling
- Medical Devices
Engineering Consultant for Fatigue and Fracture
Noise & Acoustics Analysis
- Address your engine noise issues using numerical Acoustics simulations
- Study intake/exhaust noise issues
- Analyze cooling fan noise issues
- Improve cabin noise insulation
- Reduce high speed elevator noise
Reduce Development Cost
Test Before Manufacturing
Considering complexity and needs to have new procedure and constitutive equation, we must try to develop new FEA and CFD based software to overcome engineering challenges.
FEA and CFD based Programming needs experience and deep knowledge in both Solid or fluid mechanics and programming language such as Matlab, Fortran, C++ and Python.
We use subroutine’s with programming languages such as Fortan, C and Python in CFD and FEA sofware such as Abaqus, Ansys, Fluent and Star-ccm+ to add new capability and Constitutive equation.
ESimLab use Mathematical Methods and Models for Engineering Simulation. We, focuses on numerical modelling and algorithms development for the solution of challenging problems in several engineering sectors specialized in the development of software for the numerical discretization of partial differential equations, linear algebra, optimization, data analysis, High Performance Computing for several engineering applications.
Do you need more information or want to discuss your project?
Real world Simulation: Combination of experience and advanced analysis tools
Calling upon our wide base of in-house capabilities covering strategic and technical consulting, engineering, manufacturing ( Casting, Forming and Welding) and analytical software development – we offer each of our clients the individual level of support they are looking for, providing transparency, time savings and cost efficiencies.
ESimLab engineers participate in method development, advanced simulation work, software training and support. Over experiences in engineering consulting and design development, enables ESimLab’s engineering team to display strong/enormous client focus and engineering experience. The ESimLab team supports engineering communities to leverage CFD-FEA simulation softwares and methodologies. It leads to the creation of tailored solutions, aligned with the overall product development process of ESimLab clients.
CAE Simulation: CFD, FEA, System Modeling, 1D-3D coupling
Integrated expertise covering every Equipment component analysis. From concept through to manufacture and product launch, and for new designs or Equipment modifications, we provide engineering simulation expertise across projects of all sizes. Simulation has become a key enabling factor in the development of highly competitive and advanced Equipment systems. CAE methods play a vital role in defining new Equipment concepts.